IS-BAO Stage III Audit
A Stage III evaluation is conducted of an operator that has successfully completed at least one renewal audit. The objectives of a Stage III evaluation are to confirm:
- SMS is sustained and supported by an on-going improvement process,
- A positive safety culture is sustained, and,
- Safety Management activities are fully integrated into the operators business.
A Stage III operator is expected to have:
- Widespread employee commitment and involvement in improving safety performance;
- Sustained desire for good safety performance as a primary goal;
- Seeks causes of deficiencies rather than allocate blame;
- Effectively communicate safety information within and outside the organization to include safety performance trends;
- Embrace the benefits of continuous evaluation and improvement;
- Manager awareness of issues that impact the safety culture;
- Primary goals including safety that focus targets other than financial that can be actively and proactively measured.
- Allocation of financial and other resources by top management as needed;
- Learning from safety performance of external organizations, and
- Safety Performance Measures that include effectiveness of activities and processes rather than just the results of the activities.
Stage III operators should have an on-going improvement process that includes regular evaluation of SMS activities plus evaluation of the effectiveness of risk controls. A formal process should be in place to identify sub-standard performance and causes; means to eliminate or mitigate such causes.
The auditors will use the detailed protocols to conduct the in-depth evaluation of effectiveness along with IS-BAO Stage 3 SMS Performance Indicators.
Contact Eagle Group today